Monday, September 20, 2004

I'd Rather have heard this a week ago

Finally - a Rather overdue mea culpa.

"That, combined with some of the questions that have been raised in public and in the press, leads me to a point where if I knew then what I know now I would not have gone ahead with the story as it was aired, and I certainly would not have used the documents in question," he said.

What he did not know then was that he'd get busted.

"Please know that nothing is more important to us than people's trust in our ability and our commitment to report fairly and truthfully," he added.

"Not even our capacity to report fairly and truthfully."

CBS said Burkett acknowledged he provided the documents and said he deliberately misled a CBS producer, giving her a false account of their origin to protect a promise of confidentiality to a source.

Praise be to Allah.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home