Wednesday, March 08, 2006

I don't get it

I like to think that I've got a robust sense of humor, but I guess maybe I'm actually humor-impaired.

According to court documents field Wednesday in Alabama, Russell Lee DeBusk Jr, 19, Benjamin Nathan Moseley, 19 and Mathew Lee Cloyd, 20, say they set five small, isolated churches about 50 miles southwest of their Birmingham homes ablaze Feb. 3 as a joke after a night of deer hunting and drinking.

Could be it's the delivery that's throwing me off. Maybe if DeBusk, Moseley, and Cloyd were set on fire, it would click for me. What's a little kerosene in the name of comedy?

1 Comments:

Blogger Doug said...

I think I can relate. Even if we leave out the wanton destruction of property for kicks, you have to wonder either just how out of touch they are with the modern history of church burnings, or how callous and antisocial they really are.

10:20 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home